Help with Driver install

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Help with Driver install

Postby kingdaddy » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:51 pm

I cant get the USBUIRT device to find the driver, I keep getting the error message “Unable to find USB-UIRT driver. Please make sure driver is loaded” when I execute the iruhelper utility. I have copied and pasted the uuirtdrv.dll in the Windows.000\System32 folder and have copied it to the Cinemar folder for use with DVD Lobby. I used to be able to cut and past a Pronto IR command in the Send box and execute the command, but now it won’t even open the device, I just keep getting the above error message.

Am I not correctly installing the driver, I using the one off the http://usbuirt.com/support.htm V1.3

I can’t get it to work with the Cinemar plug-in either.

Any Ideas?
kingdaddy

Postby jrhees » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:02 pm

You'll want to check in Windows Device manager and make sure the USB-UIRT is listed as operating properly under USB devices.

The software is dependent on the Windows driver being installed, as well as the API driver (uuirtdrv.dll -- in the Windows\System32 folder) as well as the USB low-level driver (ftd2xx.dll -- in the Windows\System32 folder)

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:27 pm

Thanks, I made sure both files were there and they are in the System32 subdirectory.

ftd2xx.dll
uuirtdrv.dll

Still same error message, no driver found.

Do I have to register the .dll file through the run command?

Postby jrhees » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:10 am

No, you shouldn't/ You mentioned that it *was* working. Any idea what changed?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Kingdaddy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:16 pm

I had the thing working with a 10' USB extension cable and plugged into the front USB port on my home computer. Once I got everything working I added another 10' extension and routed the cable in the attic out of view, then plugged it into a USB port on the back of the computer. Since then I went back to the original front USB port but it still don’t work. I e-mailed USBUIRT support and they sent me the test program which used to work flawlessly, but now no matter what I do I get the same message, "Driver can't be found". I'm ordering a active (booster) USB cable in case the signal is being degraded over the length, but in my mind this should have nothing to do with the "Driver not found" message.
Kingdaddy

Return to Installation