Launching application after USB-UIRT wake-up from S3

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Launching application after USB-UIRT wake-up from S3

Postby belzebutt » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:14 pm

I configured my USBUIRT to wake up my PC from S3. However, I would like to be able to automatically launch Media Portal when I wake my PC using the USBUIRT.

Currently I do not run Media Portal all the time and I also keep my PC in S3 when not in use. I have a macro setup on my Harmony remote that sends an IR code which does one of the following depending on whether the PC is sleeping or not:
- If the PC is on, turns on Media Portal
- If the PC is sleeping (S3), wakes the PC using a USBUIRT wake up code. Then I manually have to launch Media Portal.

I would like to take this further by making sure that when I wake the PC using the USBUIRT Media Portal also gets launched. On MCE PCs the Start button on the remote not only wakes up the PC but also turns on the MCE application, and I'd like to emulate that functionality. How does MCE do it? Does the remote send another code to launch MCE after giving the PC enough time to wake up? I could do that but I'd prefer to just do everything with one code, since adding a delay ties up the remote and I have to keep it pointed the whole time, can't lower volume etc.

Note: I also use this PC for regular PC stuff, so I don't want to always launch Media Portal whenever I wake up from S3.
belzebutt

Postby jrhees » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:01 pm

This is the second request for something like this. Not sure how we would do it, but it would likely have to involve something like Girder.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby oshogg » Sat May 05, 2007 8:12 pm

I use this on my PC by using HIP software from byremote. Just search for byremote HIP and you can find it on net pretty easily. It has a feature which allows one to launch a command whenever PC comes out of suspend. It works very well.

Osho
oshogg

Return to General-Discussion