Can I use USB-URIT as a bridge b/w 2 devices

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Can I use USB-URIT as a bridge b/w 2 devices

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:31 am

I've been recently introduced to USB-URIT from AVS forum. I think this is the product that I've been looking for. However, I've got a lot more to learn and I figured I might as well go straight to the source here to see if someone can help me out. Currently, I have my Hauppauge PVR-150 record programs off my satellite receiver. However, my satellite receiver is not compatible with the PVR-150 IR blaster, so the Tv card cannot change the channel automatically. Can the USB-URIT be used as bridge to communicate between the PVR and the satellite receiver? Can the URIT learn my remmote numerical commands (that's all need to change the channels, nothing fancy)? For example, the PVR-150 IR blaster commands 125 to the USB-URIT and then USB-URIT relay the message to the reciever to change it to 125. Will this be possible? The receiver's remote is at 38 KHz i believe.

Postby jrhees » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:03 pm

Yes, this is possible *IF*:

- you are using a PVR application which supports the USB-UIRT. The Hauppage WinTV software does *not* support the USB-UIRT, both other PVR apps such as Snapstream BeyondTV and SageTV *do*.

Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:21 am

Sorry, I replied this in the wrong post earlier. Thanks for the info. So USB-UIRT can be trained with any receiver that uses an IR remote right? PS: I'm not trying to ask for a guarenteed, I would like to know the info before I make the purchase. My satellite receiver is a pansat btw. Thanks again.

Return to General-Discussion