General Questions before committing purchase...

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

General Questions before committing purchase...

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:17 pm

I have Dish Network and am planning on setting up a GBPVR system soon. I am guessing things would have been easier if I got a TV Tuner with a remote, but I decided on 2 channel streams instead. However, the USB-UIRT seems like my best choice now and needed some clarifications on this device.

1. Do I need anything extra to blast to the Dish Network Box? It is not clear if I need some kind of blaster cable or if the signal blasts from the back of the unit (or something).

2. How will this device work if I have 2 receivers (one for recording, one for watching)? I would assume my best bet it to use this for watching, then setup some other sort of blasting thing to control the 2nd receiver.

Thanks for your help. This project seemed easy until I got into the remote arena. Guess I should have took some baby steps and started with a single stream and a card with a remote/blaster setup.

Postby jrhees » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:36 pm

I am not sure how GBPVR will handle two receivers -- one for watching and one for recording. My guess is that you'll have to keep the 'watching' receiver separate from GBPVR.

The USB-UIRT has a built-in blaster. If the two receivers are the same make/model, you'll have to change the IR 'address' on one of the receivers so that they don't both respond to the same IR codes.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion