how do I know if I need 56KHz IR Receiver Add-On Option

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

how do I know if I need 56KHz IR Receiver Add-On Option

Postby mapleleaf » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:01 pm

Hi all,

I am about to buy this USB-UIRT blaster so Hi all,

I am about to buy this USB-UIRT blaster so I can control my satellite receiver from my BeyondTV machine. I have Pansat 2700a with plans to upgrade to Pansat 3500s. I have no idea if I should place an order just for a regular blaster or with 56KHz option. Any suggestions?
mapleleaf

Postby jrhees » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:16 pm

The 56KHz option affects receive functionality only. If you expect to use the receive function of your USB-UIRT to navigate a USB-UIRT aware app on your PC, and you expect to use a 56KHz-based remote, this option is needed.

Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby mapleleaf » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:35 pm

I do realize that it receives only, however, I have NO IDEA of my remote control uses this higher frequency or not. I checked specification for my satellite receiver and cound not find any iformation what frequency remote control uses. Is there any other way how to figure this out? Maybe openning remote and looking at the chips used or measure it somehow...
I want to know for sure before I place an order since I am from Canada I want to avoid custom charges if I had to send back for an upgrade...
mapleleaf

Postby mapleleaf » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:54 am

Problem solved! I was able to locate necessary information after some searching at manufacturer’s website. It should use 38 KHz remote.
I am placing order today,
mapleleaf

Let me know

Postby Guest » Mon May 01, 2006 3:20 am

Hey, let me know if that works for you. I've got a pansat 3500sd and I just tried getting my system up with the usb-uirt. No hardware problems, but I basically can't get it to control my stb. I used the pansat remote and it took cades okay, but then it wasn't able to control the box.

I'm still unsure how this is supposed to work. Does the usb-uirt allow you to use your remote to control the menus in Sagetv? Your stb? Or both?

No documentation on this thing is just terrible. I've posted a few simple questions on this forum, too. Like this one. Can't someone explain?

Anyway, good. Luck. Let me know how it turns out as I've got a pansat, too :D

Return to General-Discussion