more than 3 zones

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

more than 3 zones

Postby davey_fl » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:50 am

Hi Jon and others....

I'm currently using my usb-uirt to control 3 Motorola DCT2224 boxes and I want to add 3 more boxes for a total of 6 (6 zones). I know it doesn't support this out of the box, and the option of chaning the IR code in each box doesn't exist, so I'm back to trying to figure out how to get my zoned UIRT to control more than 3 zones. I'm running sage and it doesn't support more than one UIRT - any suggestions?

Thx
davey_fl

Postby jrhees » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:26 am

The simplest solution I can suggest is a second USB-UIRT. And yes, Sage can support multiple USB-UIRT's.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:34 pm

Wow! Thanks Jon. I had checked with the Sage guys themselves who said it can't be done. So I should be able to control all 6 boxes, 3 and 3 via a couple of multi-zoned uirts from within sage??

David

Postby jrhees » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:23 pm

The way this is done with Sage (btw, I am assuming Sage can handle 6 tuners which is beyond my control) is to create 6 separate .IR files. You probably already have 3 IR files, each with different Zone prefixes. You'll want to create three more, and add the following as the SECOND line of the .IR file (if you already have a 'RepeatCount' setting, the 'RepeatCount Setting will now be on the third line):

DeviceNumber 2

This will tell the Sage plugin to use the second USB-UIRT for these .IR files.

Before this will work, you will need to get the multi-device-capable Sage plugin (its the latest and doesn't ship with Sage I don't believe) from support@usbuirt.com as well as a utility called 'uurename' which you will use to assign one of your USB-UIRT units to be Device#2.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion