HomeSeer 1.7.x and USB-UIRT

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

HomeSeer 1.7.x and USB-UIRT

Postby Skybolt » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:19 pm

Is there a way of copying the mainlobby IR data base created with the Main Lobby plugin and transfer that data to HS?

The HomeSeer plugin is not as robust as the one for Main Lobby. I lost the remote for a couple of things I am trying to control and was able to c&p from the web the codes I needed to operate the audio receiver. But I am stuck using it only through Mainlobby. I want to be able to use HS as the controlling object and Main lobby as the Human interface. i can't seem to locate the IR database with the HS plug.

Thanks,
Skybolt
Skybolt

Postby jrhees » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:55 pm

What do you mean by 'not as robust'?

Anyway, the IR codes for HS are stored in the Windows registry (this design decision was suggested by HS).

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Skybolt » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:21 pm

jrhees wrote:What do you mean by 'not as robust'?

Anyway, the IR codes for HS are stored in the Windows registry (this design decision was suggested by HS).

-Jon

The end result works just fine - It's the interface which is differant. In mainlobby's plugin you can enter the Ir codes manually. With HS you can not - unless I missed somthing. THe virsion I am running is 1.4.0 for HS. ML's plugin has a database screen, macro screen and general log. Also a testing command line. HS's plugin has none of this.The author of the ML Plugin is Dave Perrico version 1.5.0. Not sure who wrote the HS one.

-Skybolt
Skybolt

Postby jrhees » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:11 pm

One thing you can do with the HS plugin (or any app's plugin for that matter) if you want to import codes is to request the 'lrnHelper' app from support@usbuirt.com

This app can be run at the same time as other apps, and allows you to paste codes into any app which uses the USB-UIRT.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Skybolt » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:27 pm

jrhees wrote:One thing you can do with the HS plugin (or any app's plugin for that matter) if you want to import codes is to request the 'lrnHelper' app from support@usbuirt.com

This app can be run at the same time as other apps, and allows you to paste codes into any app which uses the USB-UIRT.

-Jon

The request is on it's way! Thanks I was unaware of this utility.

-Skybolt
Skybolt

Return to General-Discussion