How to get hold down button repeats in girder?

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

How to get hold down button repeats in girder?

Postby Chargin » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:46 am

I dont know how to get my volume controls for STB, reciever, htpc etc to repeat when I hold down the vol up or down buttons on my remote? My usbuirt only sends the command once.
Shannell Sugrue
Chargin

Postby jrhees » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:31 pm

Chargin,

1. Are you using Girder.
2. Watch the LED on the USB-UIRT when you hold down the vol/etc. buttons -- does it continue to blink?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:25 pm

Hi, thats yes to both questions.

Postby jrhees » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:12 pm

Okay then, this is likely what is happening and how you can alter it:

- The remote you have is sending out the button code exactly once and then following it with a short 'repeat' code (which is common to all buttons), like this:

<code> <repeat> <repeat> <repeat> ...

By default, the USB-UIRT does not send <repeat> codes to the PC because they do not contain any unique information about the button being pressed.

However, you can change the USB-UIRT's configuration settings such that whenever the USB-UIRT sees a repeat code, it passes up the last button code to the PC, so that Girder will see repeated 'button' events.

To do this, go into the USB-UIRT Plugin dialog in Girder (as if you were going to learn IR), press the 'Configuration...' button in the upper-right corner, and then choose the Preferences tab.

There you'll find a checkbox which will cause the USB-UIRT to pass repeat codes as button presses.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Similar problem

Postby Mark » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:01 pm

I'm trying to do the same thing, but when I go into the "USB-UIRT Configuration" button there's clearly something wrong with the interface. I just see predominatly black page with five check boxes. The top two boxes are checked, and the bottom three unchecked on the Preferences tab. I'm using Girder 4.0.4.11, and the USB-UIRT plugin that came with it (dated 10/28/2005). Any idea what's going on? If not, can you tell me what those boxes are supposed to be labeled so that I can check and uncheck the appropriate ones? A screen shot of what the Preferences, Remote Wake-Up, and About tabs would be very helpful.
Mark

Postby jrhees » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:53 pm

This has something to do with tabbed-controls and Windows XP themes settings. Contact support@usbuirt.com and I'll work with you on this.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion