two USBUIRTs

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

two USBUIRTs

Postby tscales » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:09 am

last question, I promise (for now).

I have two USBUIRTs on my system. Both have drivers installed. I need to tell Girder and BeyondTV which one to use, so they won't fight.

How?

Thanks,

Tom
tscales

Postby jrhees » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:21 pm

Tom,

Please see my other post about two apps being able to share a single USB-UIRT. You should probably try this approach before having two USB-UIRT's on your system (unless you have other reasons to need 2).

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

But...

Postby tscales » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:03 pm

Jon,

Yes, that solves much of the problem, but I've got a heck of a lot of equipment, scatterd all over the house, to control, and think it would be easier to have a second USB-UIRT in one of the locations that requires multiple zones.

Essentially I'll have my computer(s) in our upstairs bonus room, with wiring to most of the rooms through the attic. This includes TV/VCR/DVD/MediaMVP in both daughter's rooms, S-video big screen in the living room and projector in the bedroom.

I'm also using X10 house wide and touch screen monitors located strategically in the house.

I may not need it, but if I did......

Tom
tscales

Postby jrhees » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:53 pm

Tom,

Well, this certainly can be done but it requires a plugin for the particular app which is capable of handling multiple USB-UIRT's. There *is* a plugin for Girder you can get on request at support@usbuirt.com which can use a 'second' USB-UIRT.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion