Does USB-UIRT work with D10-200?

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Does USB-UIRT work with D10-200?

Postby ConfusedDTVOwner » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:01 pm

Sorry if this is a silly question, but will USB-UIRT work with my DirecTV D10-200 receiver? I have done lots of searching, but all I have found have been people reporting problems with the D10-200 and nobody saying they have had success with it and USB-UIRT. My goal is to use USB-UIRT with BeyondTV to record programs from my DirecTV D10-200 receiver. Has anyone had success with this setup (or with any other PVR software with this hardware)? I have seen lots of information about serial connections no longer working with D10-200 due to firmware and such which leads me to the USB-UIRT, but I never see D10-200 listed as a compatible receiver. I think I understand that USB-UIRT can “learn” the D10-200 codes, but I have not found a single post on any of the forums I have searched reporting success. I’m just looking for a success story with the DirecTV D10-200 receiver before I order an USB-UIRT.

Thank you,
ConfusedDTVOwner (Newb)
ConfusedDTVOwner

Postby jrhees » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:41 pm

Yes, this would be good to know. Several people have indeed reported issues with D10 working, and when we give them support, they just vanish -- which usually means they got things working but its hard to know for sure.

D10 owners???

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:31 pm

so much for d10 owners :/ i ordered one from snapstream so i will post my results regardless of good or bad when i get it. thanks Jon.

Postby jrhees » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:24 pm

When you get things going/not going, please email support@usbuirt.com ...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

DirecTV D10-300

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:55 am

Forum posts indicate the apparent success with the D10-100 and the indeterminate status of the D10-200. Add to the list the D10-300.

Does anyone have the D10-300 working?
If so, is the 56kHz option required?
If so, could you post the IR codes?

USB-UIRT works with D10-200

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:19 pm

I am posting as a follow up to my first post. I received my USB-UIRT and it worked great with my D10-200 receiver and BeyondTV. Installation was simple and directions were very clear. I couldn’t be happier, great product! I have been scheduling and recording shows for the past week without any problems what so ever. The “learn” process through BeyondTV using the USB-UIRT was very simple and did not require any setting/timing “tweaks” as I had originally feared. The entire setup of installing the USB-UIRT, BeyondTV, and FireFly remote took less then 20 minutes including opening the packaging :) I would like to see the D10-200 become listed as a supported receiver, just to help others that might be hesitant to order USB-UIRT as I was. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist with this.

Thank you for such a wonderful product,
NoLongerConfusedDTVOwner

Postby jrhees » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:22 pm

To you and to all others with similar situations,

The best I can recommend is for you to either forward your BTV .RTM file to either support@usbuirt.com or directly to Snapstream support and ask them to add it to their supported list. Then hopefully they'll add it to their software install.

Best Regards,

Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

USB UIRT works with D10-300

Postby ggayowsky » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:08 pm

I am the incoherent guy that posted as "guest" and asked about the D10-300. It also works. I concurr with the glowing reports. It worked first try. I will submit the file to SnapStream.
ggayowsky

Works like a champ

Postby robettmyhtpc » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:29 pm

driven by Girder 3. Have not yet tried 4
robettmyhtpc

Return to General-Discussion