Help with HomeSeer IR triggering

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Help with HomeSeer IR triggering

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:20 pm

I need help with IR comand triggering. I am using the USBUIRT and have successfully set it up to control my Home theater system. It works so well that I decided to use it to trigger other homeseer events. I can set up homeseer to trigger on the IR commands and everything works great UNTIL I exit Homeseer. When restarted Homeseer no longer responds to the IR commands. The codes are still configured but Homeseer will not respond. Any suggestions???

Steve Q

Postby jrhees » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:10 pm

Once you get to this state, what do you have to do to get things working again? Do you know what version of the HS plugin you're using? Also, are you running any other apps which use the USB-UIRT?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:08 am

If I go to the "Config IR" menu in Homeseer and retrain (relearn) the keys, Homeseer will again properly trigger events when it sees the key pressed.

I am using USBUIRT Plug-In 1.4.0.0 (based on folder name in the "updates" folder of Homeseer.

I am not running any other apps which use th USB-UIRT.

Steve Q

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:17 am

If I go to the "Config IR" menu in Homeseer and retrain (relearn) the keys, Homeseer will again properly trigger events when it sees the key pressed.

I am using USBUIRT Plug-In 1.4.0.0 (based on folder name in the "updates" folder of Homeseer.

I am not running any other apps which use th USB-UIRT.

Steve Q

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:35 am

I have examined the learned USB-UIRT codes in the registry and they appear to be correct. They are the same after Homeseer is closed. When Homeseer is restarted they no longer trigger events. Is there anything else I can check that would help troubleshoot this problem?
Is anyone else using IR codes to trigger events?

Steve

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:52 am

Further information: I am running Homeseer on a dedicated computer running Win 98SE. My primary computer OS is Win XP pro. When I installed Homseer and the USB-UIRT plug-in on my XP machine, the problem is gone. The computer remembers the codes and properly triggers the events based on learned codes even after shutdown and restart. The XP test was a very simplified Homeseer setup. I did not load all the plugins I normally use and the hardware setup has no temperature monitoring. Is it possible that the plug-in works on XP but not Win98SE?

Steve

Return to General-Discussion