Another Happy Customer

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Another Happy Customer

Postby dman » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:47 pm

All I can say is WOW. Best money I ever spent!

This is one of the last and most crucial missing pieces for my htpc. I have been using NetRemote with my wireless PPC, but that is not practical or wife/kid friendly. I desperately needed the ability to use my universal remote. After reading a lot of forum posts I decided that the USB UIRT was the best solution for me.

I placed my order on April 19, and prepared myself for a very worth while, but long wait - I figured it would be at least 4-5 weeks until I got my new toy. Later that day I received an email saying that my unit had been shipped (gotta love excess inventory, if you are the customer). It arrived at my door (in Calgary Canada) this morning, April 23! I doubt that everyone will be as fortunate as me (4 days to Canada, holy crap!), so let me tell you that this product would be worth waiting for.

I took it out of the box and my first thought was 'What an awesome looking little unit'. It is very well built.

As far as Girder goes, within just a few minutes I had recieved my first command (nothing fancy, enter button on remote opens notepad). I still can't believe how easy it is.

So Thank You Jon for an excellent product. I would (and will) recomend it to everyone I know.
dman

Return to General-Discussion