Black cable, or USB socket?

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Black cable, or USB socket?

Postby brockgr » Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:49 am

Jon,

Any chance of a matching black cable, or plans to avoid all these cable questions by adding a USB socket on board (I realise that square holes are hard work though).

Cheers, Gavin
brockgr

Re: Black cable, or USB socket?

Postby jrhees » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:05 pm

brockgr wrote:Jon,

Any chance of a matching black cable, or plans to avoid all these cable questions by adding a USB socket on board (I realise that square holes are hard work though).

Cheers, Gavin

Gavin,

You aren't the first to ask for a black cable. I'm still looking for one since I really am unhappy with the tan color.

The USB socket is a good idea, but currently its a size issue (I am looking at using mini-usb connector on a future design as a possibility).

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby micj » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:28 am

jrhees wrote:
but currently its a size issue (I am looking at using mini-usb connector on a future design as a possibility).

If it's a non-standard connector, don't bother. That means it will be difficult to get a replacement in a pinch. Is there a standard mini-USB connector? I'm not sure myself.

Regards,

Ira
micj

Postby Tivolicious » Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:51 pm

micj wrote:
jrhees wrote:
but currently its a size issue (I am looking at using mini-usb connector on a future design as a possibility).

If it's a non-standard connector, don't bother. That means it will be difficult to get a replacement in a pinch. Is there a standard mini-USB connector? I'm not sure myself.

Regards,

Ira

I would tend to agree.
Tivolicious

Postby Nosfentaru » Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:12 am

Please PLEASE Please make one with a USB Socket. If you need to, use a USB-B type connector as shown in the pic below(it is a standard connection type, you'll find it on a lot of laptops, cable modems & even on some projectors(HS10).

I move my equipment around a lot and the last thing I'd want to do is have to buy another $50 Device everytime I rennovate my room :)

Nosfentaru

Postby jrhees » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:29 pm

As I mentioned before, although a USB-B type socket was considered, it simply does not fit in the current design (small size was one of the product goals). A larger USB-UIRT could accomodate a 'B' connector.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion