Will a Russound IR Emitter work with UIRT

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Will a Russound IR Emitter work with UIRT

Postby DeanB » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:35 pm

Just got myself a USB-UIRT which is working a treat with MainLobby to turn my AV Amp on etc.

I want to also control my Plasma which will require a longish run to get an IR emitter on the Plasma's face..

I have a quantity of Russound Micro Emitters 845.1 - which have a mono jack connection.

Will this work ok - or do i need something special ??

If i need something else - any suggestions for purchasing in the UK

Thanks

DeanB
DeanB

Postby jrhees » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:10 am

DeanB,

Give them a try -- they should work just fine with the USB-UIRT.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby DeanB » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:51 pm

Hi John

Plugged it in a works a treat.

Over the moon with this product. Now have Mainlobby switching my Amp via the blaster, and the Plasma by the emitter.

I have another IR distribution system to catch IR signals and pass them to my AV equipment/PC which is hidden away, can i fit one of their emitters to the front of the UIRT to receive IR Pronto signals ?

Also - i find the UIRT wont learn Pronto sent codes and have to use the original handsets to learn. Do you know of a way to get the IR codes out of the pronto CCFs

Thanks

Dean.
DeanB

Postby jrhees » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:40 pm

DeanB,

You should be able to attach a stick-on emitter to the face of the USB-UIRT (you may not even need to be so close).

As far as Pronto codes, there are two ways to approach this:

1. The Pronto differs from the original remotes usually in that it doesn't necessarily stream the IR out continuously as long as the button is held. You can use the 'Accept Burst' button during Learning to get around that.

2. OR, (my preference), you can use ProntoEdit to open up a .CCF, and access the Learned Pronto code for a button (using the 'View IR' button in a button's properties dialog). You can then copy/paste import this into the app (I'm not sure if MainLobby supports Importing of codes or if you have to manually edit some file).

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion