HC-SKIPPER an alternative solution to others...

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

HC-SKIPPER an alternative solution to others...

Postby lagommette » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:39 pm

Hello everyone,

I bought my USB UIRT in jully 2008 convinced that I would easely find a solution to drive my home cinema devices. My first criteria was that the application had to be very easy to configure and then to use.

But nothing suited exactly all my requirements. So I have written my own solution. It took me about nine months to acheave what I was looking for.

You will find it at this address: http://www.hc-skipper.com

HC-SKIPPER offers you more than the majority of universal remote controls :

- Only the functions that you yourself have chosen are accessible via the graphic interface.
- The main screen of HC-SKIPPER will only propose sources (DVD/CD Player, Games console, Laser discs etc.) and target devices (Television, video projector) that correspond to your equipment.
- On the same screen, HC-SKIPPER displays three remote controls which control respectively the source, the destination and the amplification.
- Each handset can even control more than one piece of equipment.
- Each handset can be personalized both in terms of content and in terms of presentation.
- Sequences (or macros) can be defined for each combination of source/target/amplification.
- Access to the configuration modules can be protected with a password and if desired, hidden completely to prevent any unwanted manipulation.
- Etc.

HC-SKIPPER works with a unique database where users share their data. Meaning that IR codes have to be 'learned' once. If you have the same device as someone else then the 'learning' period can be skipped.

HC-SKIPPER is touch screen compliant. I personnaly use it with the eee top from ASUS.

Some new improvments are in progress. I will let you know as soon as they are available.

Do not hesitate to download it. The trial period lasts for 45 days, but If you need some more time to make your decision then write to me. I will be happy to extend your trial period.

Thanks for your reading and see you soon !

Nicolas
lagommette

Postby ALEGON » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:41 pm

HI

My name is Alexander, I'm from Brazil
I bought the USB-UIRT and desire to do exactly what the skipper does
I would like to partner with you to market your software along with my home automation system (www.siatron.com.br)
My system has been developed entirely in visual basic. Net and asp. Net and uses the x10
I would just modify the screens and translate them into Portuguese
Do you think it would be possible?

I'm waiting your contact
ALEGON

Postby lagommette » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi,

I write you back via you personnal email.

Regards,

lagommette
lagommette

Return to General-Discussion