MCE 2005 channel changing

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

MCE 2005 channel changing

Postby Wheemer » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:10 am

I really want to give MCE 2005 a shot, but not unless I can get my usb-uirt to work with it. I have two cable boxes that I control.

Is there any news on the MCE plugin? Shouldn't it be really easy to impliment with the source code available from http://blog.dan.netidentity.com/blog/_a ... 65904.html

I'd just go ahead and use his application to send events to girder, but there's no dual tuner support.

I'm really interested in getting this to work ASAP. Is there any way someone could adapt his code to add the capability of reporting which tuner requires the channel change??

Thank a lot!
Wheemer

Postby jrhees » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am

Wheemer,

One of the biggest hurdles with MCE support (which appears to be an issue with his implementation as well) is that you still have to have the MCE IR hardware -- without MCE will refuse to allow you to set up a S-Video or Composite input.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Wheemer » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:03 am

Yeah I noticed that... I guess it even more of a reason to continue using SageTV. It's just that the interface is so darn attractive.

This sorta thing pisses me off to no end. I can't believe how Microsoft continues to make things difficult unless you buy what they tell you to buy.

Are you making any progress on your MCE implimentation? Are you able to trick it somehow?
Wheemer

Postby jrhees » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:37 pm

I am currently working on an HID filter driver, but I'm against a learning curve...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Wheemer » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:53 pm

Good luck to you... I wish I could help, but besides beta testing, I can't offer anything in regards to programming.
Wheemer

Return to General-Discussion