Simplest way to use with some form of web server

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Simplest way to use with some form of web server

Postby gvh » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:49 am

Hi,
I'm about to buy one of these to use for the following app. I was hoping someone could advise me what software setup would be the simplest (and cheapest to use)

I want to send control commands to an Arcam AVR100 from a pc that is a headless server. I want to be able to do this using a web browser. In other words what's the simplest way to use a web server to send codes. I am an experienced Java programmer so that would be cool if someone has made headway there and I can help. I am open to other suggestions or recommendations of products to buy. Maybe someone has done a perl module or something. The server is win2k.

What I really want is to be sitting upstairs using my laptop and remotely turn the volume up on my hifi in the lounge. I own a Slimdevices Squeezebox which is web controlled so all I need is the amp to be similarly setup to be truly lazy.

cheers for any help.
gvh

Postby jrhees » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:28 am

gvh,

Many years ago I pieced together Girder + Girder's TCP plugin and had some .PHP code in a web page simply send events to Girder.

I believe nowadays there are probably other full-blown webservers for Girder...?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion