IR Reception

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

IR Reception

Postby pfranck » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:45 pm

Using the HS plugin, should I be able to have HomeSeer recognize/react to IR received through the USBUIRT? Any special setup?

Pat
pfranck

Postby nightwalker » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:22 pm

that's the way i'm using it right now. i'm fairly new to all the ir stuff but so far i've been able to use IR or anything else as a trigger to an event.
nightwalker

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:29 am

Nightwalker,
Thanks for your responses, I'm sure there is hope for me yet. I have tried the IR match trigger in Homeseer, aiming a remote at the usbuirt and I get no response. It seems like your saying the same thing, just wanted to be sure it was the same procedure.

IR, USB UIRT & Homeseer

Postby nightwalker » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:32 pm

Anonymous wrote:Nightwalker,
Thanks for your responses, I'm sure there is hope for me yet. I have tried the IR match trigger in Homeseer, aiming a remote at the usbuirt and I get no response. It seems like your saying the same thing, just wanted to be sure it was the same procedure.

I'm not sure how you're setup but what i did was to use an old remote from a TV i don't have anymore. I learned a couple of the buttons from that into HS, those are what i use as a trigger. You need to make sure those IR buttons are setup as a device in HS. I setup an event using one of those buttons as the trigger in that event. i learned that same command to a learning remote so now when i press the command on that remote, HS sees it, matches it to an event and runs that event which turns on my audio/video equipment. so far it's been very high in the WAF area. she can finally operate the audio/video equipment without me being there.

I hope this has been helpful, there are a lot out there that know so much more than me, most to be honest, but i did get this to work.
Good luck with yours.
nightwalker

Return to General-Discussion