USB-UIRT Forum

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT Forum

Postby burkheart » Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:55 pm

Hi,

can I use USB-UIRT to
(a) control showshifter
(b) transmit using showshifter

If that is not supported, are there any workarounds using other tools?

Thanks, Thomas
burkheart

Postby jrhees » Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:16 pm

Thomas,

Showshifter supports an interface called IRTuner written by John Vanderbeck. However, I have not had success getting in touch with him. I would like to see an IRTuner plugin (developed either by myself or another) for the USB-UIRT using the USB-UIRT API. This would allow Showshifter to tune your SAT receiver, etc.

As far as *controlling* showshifter, a number of people use Girder with success.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby perf » Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:46 am

There is a version of irtuner called SSGirderTuner which generates Girder events based on Showshifter channel changes. It is quite immature in how it is configured (hand-editing of .gml files and .reg files required), but once set-up it works perfectly. It is reasonably flexible - you can have either one event per figure in the channel number, or one event per channel.

The alternative is to have ShowShifter issue command line events to Girder, but that is very slow.

Check out this link:

http://www.girder.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3831

/Per
perf

Postby jrhees » Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:09 pm

Per,

Thanks for the information. Eventually I hope to have direct support for Showshifter -- however if you're using Girder for other purposes then this is definitely the way to go, since you essentially have 'sharing' among applications.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion