Two USB-UIRT's?

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Postby jrhees » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:46 pm

Give it a try. The original Girder/USB-UIRT plugin could not share (as well as the original drivers, etc.), but sharing has been available for over a year now.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby cnicolas » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:33 am

Jon, can I use 2 USB-UIRT with Homeseer ?

Thank's
cnicolas

Postby jrhees » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:04 am

No one has asked for this [yet], but is could be supported if needed. Multiple USB-UIRT's are supported by the API and other apps like Girder but it requires support in the app or plugin.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby noodleNT » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:15 am

Do you have a new version that works with GIRDER 5? The old one will not load correctly.
noodleNT

Multiple USB UIRTs with Girder 5

Postby drs » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:39 pm

I would also like to use Multiple USB-UIRTs with Girder 5

When I tried the uurename.exe utility to rename my USB-UIRTs, I could not get Girder 5 to enable the USB-UIRT unless I never renamed it, or renamed it to #1 (in which case it showed up in Device Manager with a Location of Location 0 ("USB-UIRT"), as opposed to "USB-UIRT 1", USB-UIRT 2", etc.

Is there a way to get Girder 5 to load multiple USB-UIRTs (eg, if renamed to #2, #3, etc)?

Also, after using the renaming utility, one of my USB-UIRTs is now recognized by all PCs (Windows XP) as a USB Serial Converter, instead of a USB-UIRT (which prevents me from renaming it, or even using it).
Very strange - any ideas on this problem as well?
drs

Re: Multiple USB UIRTs with Girder 5

Postby fosuna » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:21 pm

drs wrote:I would also like to use Multiple USB-UIRTs with Girder 5

When I tried the uurename.exe utility to rename my USB-UIRTs, I could not get Girder 5 to enable the USB-UIRT unless I never renamed it, or renamed it to #1 (in which case it showed up in Device Manager with a Location of Location 0 ("USB-UIRT"), as opposed to "USB-UIRT 1", USB-UIRT 2", etc.

Is there a way to get Girder 5 to load multiple USB-UIRTs (eg, if renamed to #2, #3, etc)?

Also, after using the renaming utility, one of my USB-UIRTs is now recognized by all PCs (Windows XP) as a USB Serial Converter, instead of a USB-UIRT (which prevents me from renaming it, or even using it).
Very strange - any ideas on this problem as well?

Hi,

did you find out how to repair the USB-UIRT?
We are facing the same issue: one of them got useless (recognized as a "usb <-> serial") after using uurename.exe utility to rename it.

Thanks in advance
fosuna

Previous

Return to General-Discussion