More Zones More Emitters for the usb uirt

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

More Zones More Emitters for the usb uirt

Postby Frank Mc Alinden » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:36 am

Hi Jon
Have you any intension of increasing the zoning and emitter connections capabilities of the usb uirt..?? I have been corresponding with Yaccri via the Forum and was hoping you would respond to the thread.
Thanks
Frank
Frank Mc Alinden

Postby jrhees » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:01 pm

Beyond 3 zones? -- no, not at this moment.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:15 am

Hi!

I was wondering if it would be possible to replace USB-UIRT's built-in IR blaster (zone 3) with another External Emitter Jack?

The advantages I can see of doing that (if it is possible) would be that this "zone" wouldn't need to be close to where the USB-UIRT is connected and if somebody were to use more than one USB-UIRT to control more than 3 zones than one (or more if it is possible to use more than 2 USB-UIRT?) of them wouldn't be "lost" because the two USB-UIRT would be too close from each other....

Thanks!

Nick
Nick

Postby TonyNo » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:44 am

I would second this request. My USB-UIRT will be located by my HA system, which is in the basement (nothing there to control). I suppose we could hack another jack into it. ;)
TonyNo

Postby Nick » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:40 pm

After the warranty period... :) or :( ?

Thing is I have a feeling that it wouldn't be as simple as adding another jack as the current provided to these emitters is probably higher than the one usually provided to the external emitters... :(

Have a nice day!

Nick
Nick

Usb UIRT -FirM = 8 TX Zones and more Emitters

Postby Frank Mc Alinden » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:08 am

Hi Guys
have just been experimenting with the multizone function of the Usb Uirt connecting it to my Multizone Hardware FirM.....
With some simple hardware mods to my hardware and new FirMware ...

I can now send an ir signals (from the Usb Uirt) l to any of my FirM,s 8 zones ;-)......and can also connectmultiple emitters in each zone (8) ...

Im using zone 1 of the Usb Uirt as a zone command channel and Zone 2 as the data channel..So the idea is if i need to send ir to Zone 6 of my FirM Hardware i send out an ir signal zone command 6 via zone 1 of the Usb Uirt and then a very short pause and then send out the data ie vol up via Zone 2 of the Usb Uirt......

Im testing this with xPL and the whole process is quite quick...As a test im sending a dvd chan up + chan down signal and xPL-Uirt responds by sending my ha remote menu start and stop signals via zones 3 + 4 respectively....Ity works quite well and may be a solution for those who have multiple pieces of similiar equipment.....This should also work with any other software that supports multi zoning of the Usb Uirt...

More Soon
Frank
Frank Mc Alinden

Postby yaccri » Mon May 09, 2005 11:45 am

Just another voice here.

Beyond 3 zones?

This would be a great plus.

would be possible to replace USB-UIRT's built-in IR blaster (zone 3) with another External Emitter Jack?

No doubt that this is necessary.
yaccri

Return to General-Discussion