non functional mail adresses

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

non functional mail adresses

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:45 am

the mail adresses on the order site seems down so i post my mail here

Hello, i hope you can help me with a couple of questions.
My goal is to use my pc as remote, to controll my devices (tv, hifi equipment etc.), i find your product very interesting for this purpose, but whatabout the program controlling these actions? Girder seems a bit complicated for a novice to use (i'm not the novice but the one that are supposed to use this solution is :) ), are there other simpler programs for this? Another question i have is how far away from the devices can i place the usb-uirt? I want to place it in the ceiling pointing to the corner with the stuff.

Thanks for your time.

/Tobias

Postby jrhees » Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:32 pm

Tobias,

first of all, can you describe what is not working with the mail ('Contact' link) on the order page? I just tried it and it worked.

I agree Girder is complex. However, I'm not sure a 'simple' program would solve the problem for many. The problem with a simple program is that it usually ends up written to work with a typical configuration and set of programs, and becomes useless as soon as you have a piece of SW or HW it doesn't support.

The best 'simple' solution is to have the app you intend to use support something like the USB-UIRT directly. Some apps are working on this.

The range of the USB-UIRT should be as good or better than a strong remote control. Some have had luck even bouncing the signals off of a far wall.

Hope this helps!

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:04 am

when i mailed i received a mail directly from my mail server that the adress was unreachable, tried several times.
Thanks for your input, i will try to use a frontend to the computer that uses Girder, once i set up all the macros and stuff it should be easy for the one that are supposed to use it.

Return to General-Discussion