USB-UIRT Question

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT Question

Postby DFA » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:15 pm

John:

Quick question: When the USBUIRT is blasting (transmitting), does it also receive that signal? More specifically, what I mean is does the USBUIRT receiver IR pass the transmitted signal back to Girder? Is there feedback or do the electronics ignore (block) received signals during transmitting (blasting)?

Regards,
Dane
DFA

Postby DFA » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:25 pm

Anther quick question: Should "Force Raw Mode Learning" be used (checked) during learning mode for transmitting function? It is always defaulted to this when going to learn a code for blasting.

DFA
DFA

Postby jrhees » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:11 pm

DFA,

The USB-UIRT is half-duplex for this -- it does not receive while transmitting.

I would suggest always keeping the 'Learn as Raw' checked. It is default, and provides compatibility with a wider range of remotes and protocols. The only real reason the 'non-raw (structured)' mode is still supported is because it is a carryover from the old UIRT2 which had limited memory and needed compressed codes.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby DFA » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:15 pm

Thanks John. It is clear. Glad to hear it does not feedback a transmitted signal through its own IR detector back to Girder. This is better for my purposes and thought that this would be how it is. I could simply have tested for it but thought I would consult instead.

DFA
DFA

Return to General-Discussion