newbie question

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

newbie question

Postby scoutie » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:33 pm

I have been using the USBUIRT to contol Snapstream, this of course is automated. Is there a straight forward way - samples of some kind - for me to use it control an external amp (Yamaha)? I have girder - have never tried it - as well as Netremote that i use with JRMediacenter. Basically I just want to be able to turn the amp on and off and control volume....that's it...no source swithcing required. I guess that I am looking for a sample app with a basic UI that provides some of this that I might "tweak" in some way. I have no need to integrate this into a broader set of functions a simple windowed app would be fine.
Be afraid, be very afraid
scoutie

Postby jrhees » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:33 pm

What sort of events do you want to 'trigger' turning the amp on/off, etc?

-or- are you simply looking for an app with buttons on the screen you can click and have it turn the amp on/off/etc.?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby scoutie » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:59 pm

the latter....a simple on screen app that i can use to control it would be fine.....i'll just need to input the IR commands from the remote....at some point in the future I would like to figure out how to integrate the amp control into my netremote UI, but that's for another day
Be afraid, be very afraid
scoutie

Postby jrhees » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:42 am

I think some use Netremote for this -- by using a netremote layout on the PC itself.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion