USB-UIRT and Home Theatre Master Remote

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT and Home Theatre Master Remote

Postby joegensh » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:44 pm

Hi,

I am building a HTPC and am putting on the final touches. I have the Home Theatre Master MX-600 remote and the streamzap remote. I find that the streamzap remote is too limiting and would like to use my MX-600 for customized functions. The StreamZap IR receiver does not recognize any IR emmissions from the MX-600 (except for the learned codes).

If I buy Girder 3.3 and the USB-UIRT then I can use any button on the MX-600 Correct? Is there a way for the USB-UIRT to teach the MX-600 IR codes?

Joe
joegensh

Postby rtrski » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:42 pm

I imagine since the USB-UIRT is indeed transmit capable you could 'teach' the HTM remote some codes. But why not just go the other way? Load some codes into the HTM remote for a component you don't really have in your rack, then teach them to the computer via the USB-UIRT and Girder. No need to teach *both* the remote and the computer any learned codes.

I've got the HTM MX3000 and that's what I'm doing: loaded in the database IR codes for the DLPTV, SAT box, and receiver I have, then added the codes for an HP MCE-computer they also had in the database. (Just picked that because it had lots of different codes available). I'll teach those to Girder via the USB-UIRT and assign them to the functions I want to.
rtrski

Return to General-Discussion