Please don't leave us hanging...

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Please don't leave us hanging...

Postby ElvisIncognito » Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:38 pm

From http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... did=230408

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by rogo
So are we done for good on getting NetRemote to support the UIRT?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. I had discussions with Jon Rhees about this unit, and about him providing a library for it and for the new USB-UIRT, but now he's all but dropped off the face of the earth.
. . .
The USB-UIRT is supposed to be better, but once again I haven't heard back from Jon on any of my recent emails.
ElvisIncognito

Postby jrhees » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:08 pm

Sorry things are moving so slowly. Currently getting spread pretty thin...

Anyway, Ben is looking for both help in UIRT2 -and- USB-UIRT. The USB-UIRT will be a much simpler integration than the UIRT2 because it doesn't have the limitations of the other. Anyway, I'm not sure why Ben says I've dropped of the face of the earth... I haven't received email from him in several weeks (excepting one I received this morning).

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby ElvisIncognito » Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:14 pm

jrhees wrote:Sorry things are moving so slowly. Currently getting spread pretty thin...
I know that feeling well. Hang in there!
Anyway, Ben is looking for both help in UIRT2 -and- USB-UIRT. The USB-UIRT will be a much simpler integration than the UIRT2 because it doesn't have the limitations of the other. Anyway, I'm not sure why Ben says I've dropped of the face of the earth... I haven't received email from him in several weeks (excepting one I received this morning).
If USB-UIRT is much simpler, then why not knock that out as quickly as possible, then deal with the UIRT2 later? (Works for me! :D ;))
ElvisIncognito

Postby jrhees » Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:24 pm

That is/was the plan. However, I believe Ben is getting a lot of pressure to support UIRT2 for those who have the UIRT2 and have been promised support.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion