Support IrDa?

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Support IrDa?

Postby bmadgett » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:31 am

Does the USB-UIRT support IrDa-like STBs e.g. the Pace D1000T, Pace DI1010T as used by Telewest in the UK? I'm looking for something to drive one of these from my PC and the USB-UIRT seems to be about the widest supported software-wise. I just want to confirm it'd work with my cable box.

My alternative is the RedRat, which definitely supports these IrDa signals but is much more expensive than the USB-UIRT, and isn't as widely used or supported.

Cheers

Barnaby
bmadgett

Postby jrhees » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:57 am

Sorry but I cannot give you a definitive answer on this. If they use true IrDA signalling then the answer is currently 'no'. The USB-UIRT has (in hardware) such capability, but has not been developed.

Do you have any Pronto codes for these STB's?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby bmadgett » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:15 pm

Hi Jon, thanks for the quick response.

After a quick Google it seems that the Pronto might work with the series 4000 Telewest/Pace STB but doesn't work with the series 1000 or 2000 - and I'm not completely sure what revision I have. I'll need to check when I get home.

If it turns out that I have a 4000, and that that could be controlled by a Pronto, would that mean that the USB-UIRT could control it ok too?

Cheers

Barnaby
bmadgett

Postby bmadgett » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:18 pm

I was keen enough to get the wife to check under the STB for me :-) It's a series 4000, which supports RC5 codes as well as IrDa (is that right?). Does that help?

Cheers

Barnaby
bmadgett

Postby jrhees » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:00 am

This page at remotecentral.com http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/fi ... blebox&fc=

lists some pace STB's -- some of them claim to be Pronto setups for STB's *without* the redeye translator. The codes from these files have a good possibility of working.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:18 pm

I've got a Pace D4000N as part of NTL TV/Internet package and I wondered if anybody had their D4000N to work with SageTV?
Or are you controlling the STB with something other than SageTV?

I just want the channel change facility.

Looks like 4 options for me:
1USB-UIRT

2 red eye (http://www.redremote.co.uk/)

3 redrat - more expensive

4 Give up and buy a freeview box of some type (fewer channels more money)

Thanks in advance for any comments

Return to General-Discussion