IR / Media PC / HomeSeer

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

IR / Media PC / HomeSeer

Postby harleydude » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:23 pm

In the comming weeks I will be putting together the configuration for my Media / HomeSeer PC. I am wanting to also include some type of IR capability to control my A/V equipment. The PC will be located in the same rack as the rest of my A/V equipment. A few questions about the IR part.

1. What is the maximum distance the USB-UIRT can be from the PC?
2. I also read somewhere, on this board I think, that one can use Pronto Hex codes with the USB-UIRT, is this true? If so, how.
3. How are other users setting up thier system, where is the media PC located with respect to the remaining A/V equipment, where do you locate the IR module?

Thats it for now, but I will prob have more later. Thanks for all reponses.

HD
harleydude

Re: IR / Media PC / HomeSeer

Postby jrhees » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:08 pm

harleydude wrote:1. What is the maximum distance the USB-UIRT can be from the PC?

The USB-UIRT is a USB device, so it cannot be extended (without a powered hub) more than about 15 ft. from a PC.

harleydude wrote:2. I also read somewhere, on this board I think, that one can use Pronto Hex codes with the USB-UIRT, is this true? If so, how.

This is correct. Some apps have a way to 'import' Pronto codes. Others (like the HS plugin) can support this by using a 'Learn Helper' utility (available from support) along with HS.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion