is the ir code that is used to wake up pc then passed on

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

is the ir code that is used to wake up pc then passed on

Postby araghava » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:55 pm

I've taught the usb-uirt to wake up from standby. I want this code to then be passed on to girder so i can take an action. is this possible or do i need to send 2 ir codes (1st to wakeup and 2nd to do action).
araghava

Postby jrhees » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:44 pm

The code *theoretically* is passed on to the host, but the host isn't awake enough to get it, etc.

If you're interested in taking an action when the PC comes out of standby, an alternative is to trigger on the power management event. Girder will see the Suspend/Resume events from the OS.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:57 pm

i run a dual monitor setup where my secondary monitor is my HDTV. i run myHTPC and zoom in full screen mode on the secondary monitor. so when i use the usb-uirt to wake up the system, i want focus to go to the application that is running on the secondary monitor.

typically this will be myHTPC but can sometimes be zoom if i had paused a movie and left the system in that state.

what do you suggest is the most relieable way to do this. if i use the girder trigger on power management event, i will end up doing this even if wake the system from my keyboard. not necessarily bad but i would prefer to set focus to myHTPC/zoom only if i wake using my remote.

Postby jrhees » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:42 am

Hmmm that's a tough one. Let me give it some thought...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion