Any Docs on Settings for the Girder Plugin for USB-UIRT?

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Any Docs on Settings for the Girder Plugin for USB-UIRT?

Postby ewingr » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:28 pm

I have searched and connot find anything that describes the settings, how they are used or why. In particular, Threshold, Speed, Wait time, Why Code 1 AND Code 2, etc.

Is there no such documentation?

I've done a cursory look at the Girder forum. I'm heading back over there now to look more. In the meantime, if there is anything I can be pointed to, that would be great.
Thanks
Roger
ewingr

Postby jrhees » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:48 pm

Roger,

Most of these settings are carry-overs from the original UIRT where often you would need to 'tweak' an IR signal to get it to work well.

The USB-UIRT automatically detects carrier frequency. The Speed and Threshold settings shouldn't need to be used either. The Repeat settings affects how long an IR signal is repeated (similar to how long you hold down a button on your remote). The Wait time is in case you want Girder to wait before sending the IR (to avoid IR collisions) and is useful if you're putting together some sort of fancy IR macro.

The Code1 and Code2 boxes are also filled in automatically when you learn a command, and unless you want to do some advanced IR analysis, needn't be touched.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby ewingr » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:22 pm

Jon

Thanks. I've been pretty much just learning and going successfully. (Only a couple days activity so far, so much to twiddle with.)

But, I'm glad to know I can pretty much ignore that stuff.
Thanks
Roger
ewingr

Postby rhubarb » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:05 pm

I'm still not clear on the Code 1, Code 2. I want to program girder to fire out a double digit channel change when it receives an event string.

E.g. I want to map the event string "channel 10" to the action, "remote button 1, remote button 0".

I want the 1 and 0 to be close together. The obvious choice was to use Code 1, and Code 2. But is that what this is for?
There seems no way to learn Code 2.

Is code 2 only for remotes that beam 2 codes at the press of a single button?
Or can I learn the code for button 0, copy/paste it into Code 2, then learn the code for 1 to get both?
If so, what about 3 digits?

OR is the proper way to do this do attach the second command to "do when finished".

How do I control the gap between the two button presses (this is the whole reason I need girder: the Media Portal USBUIRT plugin doesnt let me do this and its button presses are too far apart for my STB)

Also speaking to the original post in this thread, I have to say that the girder plugin is complex enough some documentation wouldn't go astray.
Even a nice big sticky post in this forum would be a start.

thanks
rhubarb
rhubarb

Postby jrhees » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:35 am

rhubarb,

First of all, I am surprised MediaPortal doesn't have some sort of adjustment on the timing between digits.

Anyway, the 'right' way to do this in Girder would be to create a MultiGroup with:

Transmit_1
Delay 250
Transmit_0

The Transmit_1 and Transmit_0 commands would be the '1' and '0' codes, and the Delay sandwiched in between would be adjusted to achieve the proper timing. Then, you could assign an event to the multigroup.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion