Teaching USB-UIRT Pronto macro commands. Possible?

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Teaching USB-UIRT Pronto macro commands. Possible?

Postby rbmcgee » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:27 pm

Quick question.

I've got a Pronto that contains mutiple macros under a single button, ie, sends multiple different IR codes upon pressing the button. Can I teach the USB-UIRT those macros as a single command so that the USB-UIRT will send out the mutiple codes?

Hopefully that's clear. TIA.
Bob
rbmcgee

Postby jrhees » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:16 pm

Bob,

Not currently. This is difficult to manage because the amount of information needed to contain the entire macro in a single IR 'code' can be too lengthy for software to handle. Remotes such as the Pronto internally still deal with these codes as separate entities and then chain them together. Many who use Girder accomplish something similar to this with a 'multigroup' of IR send commands.

Are you using Girder or another app?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby rbmcgee » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Hi jon,

Yes I'm using Girder and will make full use of the multi-group command. I was just thinking it would be easier to teach my multi-command pronto keys to the USB-UIRT rather than teaching the indivudual commands. Oh well.

BTW, axxiously awaiting my USB-UIRT. I have been learning/programming Netremote so that I'm almost ready-to-go when it arrives. Does tomorrow (15th) still look like the shipdate?
Bob
rbmcgee

Postby jrhees » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:37 pm

Unfortunately, when I posted the 15th as a date, I didn't realize that is wan not only a *Sunday* but also the day before a mail holiday! So, units will likely ship Tuesday. Sorry!

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby rbmcgee » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:52 pm

Close enough. Thanks jon.
Bob
rbmcgee

Return to General-Discussion