60 driver downloads and no problems!

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

60 driver downloads and no problems!

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:03 pm

60 downloads of the driver and no problems reported (that I have seen anyway).

Hey guys, how is the USB UIRT meeting your needs (for those lucky few that received them already)...

Mine is waiting on backordered parts.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:43 am

Hi "Anonymous Guest"?

I just got my USB-UIRT and it's looking good. Software all worked straight off, and inital IR tests are successful. Haven't tried 56Khz or wake on USB yet.

The Girder plugin is very familiar to UIRT2 users and even keeps UIRT2 values.

Looking forward to taking it home and playing with it and the new NetRemote.

Gavin

Postby brockgr » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:46 am

Duh - I forgot to login too. So rare to find a forum with anon posting allowed.
Gavin
brockgr

New Plugin is Available...

Postby jrhees » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:18 am

FYI-

I have made available version 2.5.1 of the plugin (from the support page). This version should address the following issues:

1. Fixed a bug with long (>128 byte) Raw codes which could cause Girder to crash.
2. Fixed a bug with 'Test' button which can cause the USB-UIRT to hang (LED staying on) with non-raw codes with the unconverted code..
3. Fixed a bug with importing multi-code RAW pronto codes.
4. Fixed a bug with importing pronto codes with a single burst pair.

Please use this new plugin.

HOW WOULD USB-UIRT USERS PREFER TO BE INFORMED OF NEW DRIVERS/PLUGINS/FIRMWARE???

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby brockgr » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:55 am

Jon,

Your're gonna get a pile of replies to that question. Why not make a "poll" topic for this. I vote for a mailing list.

Gavin
brockgr

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:20 am

I have made available version 2.5.1 of the plugin (from the support page). This version should address the following issues:

Excellent stuff - I was noticing these probs over the weekend, and came here looking to post my issues - ta-dum! Solved already. :)

Nice work on the HW! I commend you for putting out pretty much exactly what I've been looking for off and on for the last year or so.

As for driver/plugin/firmware notification, if you have a group on this BB that only yourself can post to, couldn't users "subscribe" to it if they wanted to get email, or not subscribe, if they'd rather read it here?

Cheers!

Jeff

Postby JimHugh » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:54 pm

I'm the guilty one that started this thread anon... Sorry about that!

I'm logged in now and glad to hear that it's working well.

If there are email notifications on a subscription for new topics/messages board,
that would work for me as well.

Looking forward to getting mine! :)

Jim Hughes
Jim Hughes
JimHugh

Postby JimHugh » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:23 pm

:D

Just wanted to say that I received my USB-UIRT today. It arrived in a small 5x7x1 box with a little shipping popcorn and fit nicely into my normal mailbox. It is all black, transciever, cable and plug.

Using Windows XP and Girder 3.2.8, had it up and running in just a couple of minutes, not even a reboot.

Was able to learn IR event strings for existing commands and use the receiver immediately.

I never had an IR transmitter before, so that took a few minutes longer.

I learned all of the IR commands from my DirectTivo remote to newly created Girder commands, testing as I went.

Not saying this is going to be the permanent setup, but the transmitter is currently positioned facing AWAY from the DirectTivo. When I went to test the commands, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the emitter was powerful enough to bounce off the far wall over 20 feet round trip and control the DirectTivo.

Playing around with it a little bit, I found that the USB-UIRT could control the receiver from directions, distances and positions the supplied remote couldn't!

I'm happy!
Jim Hughes
JimHugh

Return to General-Discussion