A Single Code for Sony Receiver - DE845

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

A Single Code for Sony Receiver - DE845

Postby huntrm » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:52 am

Am in need of a SINGLE code for a Sony Receiver that will select the DVD input on the front of the receiver. All universal remotes that I have are able to select several of the inputs, except for the DVD one (arghhh)....

I'm trying to get this code to be broadcast out by a USB-UIRT via Girder. I can learn the other inputs such as SAT, RADIO, VIDEO1, but for the sake of me, I can't figure out DVD or how to even proceed.<

Does anyone have a "Select DVD/LD Input" on a Sony Receiver that is being broadcasted out by the USB-UIRT plugin through Girder.

If so, please post. Thank you.
huntrm

Postby jrhees » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:36 pm

Does your Sony remote have a DVD input button that you can learn? Alsom you might want to check remotecentral.com in the 'discrete' code' area. Some user may have discovered a discrete code for DVD in which you can import.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby huntrm » Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:55 pm

It was a demo unit and the remote couldn't be found. The receiver is about 3 years old. That's why I'm in the bind that I'm in...

Funny thing is, I've programmed all other codes from other remotes into USB-UIRT/Girder. BUT, I can't get DVD Input selected that's the single, final code I need.

Yes, been all over remote central - also have a similar post there requesting it.

Again, if anyone, anyone has the code for DVD/LD Input Select on a Sony Receiver, please copy and paste what USB-UIRT plugin learned in Girder, here. I can greatly use it. Thank you.
huntrm

Postby jrhees » Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:29 am

Well,

As it turns out I have a DE835 model and here's the code for the DVD Input (maybe its the same!)

050017310A0B00180C04401500000000000000000000000000

Paste the above code into the 'Code1' box and then set the carrier frequency to 40KHz and the repeat count to 4 and see if it works...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby huntrm » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:03 am

Jon -

Thank you, thank you, thank you - works like a charm. Your support is spoken well of on AVS forum, and now having seen it myself, I'm even more impressed. I appreciate it immensely, it worked perfectly with a simple cut and paste. Now, I can switch between TV input and DVD/myHTPC inputs.

Thank you again!
huntrm

Postby jrhees » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:06 am

You're welcome!

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion