DISH6000 Response for IR Cmds

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

DISH6000 Response for IR Cmds

Postby MikeH » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:28 pm

Good to hear! As I said before, if you run into any problems, let me know. Also, I'd be interested to hear if you're Dish6000 responds to IR as sluggishly as mine does...

Jon,

I'm kinda in the middle of transitioning over from PCIRLinc, but the USB-UIRT seems to work VERY FAST. I have taken out the delays I added in Girder and now just repeatedly send IR commands (in a lua loop) for channel numbers (such as 200 for CNN, 002-01 for my local DTV off-air channel). For some reason the DISH6000 now accepts the commands quickly instead of balking (missing some numbers) as it did with the "other device". I'll need to keep beating on it for a while to convince myself that it's real.

I've connected out of the emitter port on the USB-UIRT to a 4-port passive connecting block and drive 4-different emitters (DISH, Screen, Onkyo direct IR into rear of unit, and Sony VCR). Signals seem to be rock solid!

I'll let you know if I run into any new problems with the DISH.

Thanks again!!
MikeH
---------------
GadgetAddict
MikeH

Postby jrhees » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:42 pm

MikeH,

Just to clarify, my beef with [my] Dish6000 is that even if I use a learning remote or some other device, it sometimes takes nearly a second or more from the time I press the first channel digit on the remote before the OSD pops up etc.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby MikeH » Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:00 pm

Jon,

The time between "no-OSD" to "next channel" (complete channel change) is under 2 sec. It is taking less than .5sec for the OSD to appear, and approx 1sec for the 3digit channel to appear, then a brief delay for the picture to appear on the new channel.

I'm using NetRemote to transmit to my HTPC/Girder which may make things faster than IR into the USB-UIRT. I use NetRemote to output a single button command to Girder which then translates it into a sequence of seperate IR commands to USB-UIRT. This sequence is what I was referring to as being faster. DISH used to drop one or more of the IR commands if I didn't have some delay between them. Now I can remove the inter-digit delay. This makes the overall channel change sequence much faster than before.
MikeH
---------------
GadgetAddict
MikeH

Postby jrhees » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:45 am

Thanks!

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to General-Discussion