Usb-uirt & standby/resume

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Usb-uirt & standby/resume

Postby Peter » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:54 am

Hi

I am trying to setup girder/usb-uirt to allow a button on my remote to put mhy pc into standby & press a button (idealy the same button) to resume the pc.

The main issue I jhave currently, is that I run Snapstream, which won't allow the PC to enter standby when it is running in full screen gui. Therefore I have setup girder to first close the fullscreen gui, then put the pc into standby.

I have programed the ir code into the girder plugin, so that the resume bit works ok.

Now what I am stuck with is getting the resume bit, not just resume the pc, but also re-start the Snapstream fullscreen gui. The gui can be started with from the command line, but I can't figure out how to have the usb-uirt plugin link to a girder command (or execute a program from the commandline), on a resume from standby.

If I add an event to the girder command (the same event as i've programed into the usb-uirt flash) then I can resume the pc and restart the gui if I press the remote button twice.

Hope this makes sense, any ideas?
Thanks
Peter
Peter

Postby jrhees » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:46 pm

Peter,

I think Girder has a 'Standby' and 'Resume' power event (or maybe someone has a plugin which generates these???)

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby perf » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:05 pm

There is a Girder event called OnResumeStandby.

/Per
perf

Postby Peter » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:27 pm

Many thanks, finally figured out how to find the Resume events. Works perfectly.

Peter
Peter

Return to General-Discussion