uICE support?

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

uICE support?

Postby Peter » Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:05 pm

I was just wondering whether there were any plans to support /create a uICE (http://www.mediatexx.com/) plugin?

It seems to support some of the girder functionality, but appears, at first glance, to be more straightforward to configure.
Peter

Postby jrhees » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:15 pm

Peter,

I wasn't aware of this uICE software. A plugin could be easily done, but I'm wondering if uICE will ever support transmit capabilities in the future (it doesn't appear to currently). Seems like a small waste of the USB-UIRT's capabilities if you're only using the receiver portion....

Thoughts?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:08 pm

ah, I missed the lack to transmit capability..... I thought a piece of software providing most of the functionality (that I need), but being easier to setup was asking too much.

Its probably worth dropping this idea, as I had to spend some serious time over the weekend getting my head around Girder (to overcome some issues), so now am more comfortable with how girder is configured (though its still a pain to have to configure each command separately (thinking of anti-repeat times etc).

The concept of learning all IR codes from a remote, and then assigning them to a command seems much more flexible than linking each IR command directly to a command.

Maybe things will be better with Girder v4....b

Postby jrhees » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:53 pm

FWIW, I have contacted uICE to request their developer's kit and have also queried them about future *transmit* support.

Haven't heard back from them yet...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:50 pm

Any progress on this? Is there an expectation that a driver will be in production any time soon?

Return to General-Discussion