Xantech CB60 6 emitter connecting block

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

Xantech CB60 6 emitter connecting block

Postby MurrayW » Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:55 am

I got a Xantech CB60 6 emitter connecting block so I could send the IR signal to all of my components that needed it. In the owners manual it states that a power supply is not used if it is being used only as an emitter expander and goes on to state that power supplies can be damaged.

Has anyone tried a power supply? I do not get consistent results on the my VCR which is the 3rd device that is connected to the IR emitter connecting block. Sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't. Do I need a power supply if I intend on expanding to 4 emitters?

thanks,

MurrayW

[/url]http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/8191a.pdf[/url]
MurrayW

Postby MurrayW » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:05 am

Anyone have any ideas?
MurrayW

Postby ElvisIncognito » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:57 pm

It sounds to me like you need a power supply - there's a limit to the USB-UIRT's current output. The fact that Xantech tells you not to use one is flabbergasting. I'd return it and go with the Russound.
ElvisIncognito

Postby MurrayW » Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:39 am

Thanks Elvis...you have been answering quite a few questions for me lately -- I appreciate it. I pretty much had resolved that I was going to get a power supply and take a chance that this setup would not damage it as "threatened" in the xantech literature.

thanks,
Murray
MurrayW

Return to General-Discussion