July shipments?

General discussion and comments that don't fit in the other topic areas.

Moderator: jrhees

July shipments?

Postby bucko » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:56 pm

Just placed and order for two UirT’S and was wondering if that was too late for the ones built for the July 23 shipments? I have an HTpc system and I’m the only one that can operate it. Wife says it’s never the same when she tries. Was working with Voice-flux command program and need a way to link the PC with the Sony receiver, DVD’s and HS10 projector. My other options instead of voice (back ground noise problems) were to use my cheap wireless keyboard with a cut out template overlay with key commands labeled. Was wondering if the people that bought UirTs in the past are using them as much as they thought they would. And if people are using scripts for one button start-up and shut downs? One of my problems is the 8 foot projector screen. When pulled down hides most of the equipment that needs the URIT signals. One solution was to use a small cased 400meg PC placed on the entertainment center just to run the UirT behind the screen. Of course this pc would be networked with the main HTPC that resides under the projector. Any thoughts here?
bucko

Postby jrhees » Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:33 pm

Shipments are currently being held up waiting for plastics used for the enclosures. Sorry!

May I suggest that you run an external emitter or two from the UIRT connected to your main PC over to the equipment rack.

If your screen covers your equipment, how do you control volume, etc.? If your rack can still see enough to see your normal AV remotes, it will likely be able to see the UIRT without external emitters.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby bucko » Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm

Yeah volume is the biggest problem. Normally I have it blasting rather load and get told to tone it down several time throughout the flick. I do have a gape between entertainment center and screen and have used a small mirror taped to the front of the receiver. This redirects IR to the side where another mirrors can be used.
Bummer to hear of the plastic shortage in Utah (I'm an Idaho'en). Any Idea on ETA?

Equip:
We have NO front room it’s now a dark cave painted Flat hunter green.
Sony STR-de1075 receiver 16” 70 lb 300 watt Sub (boomer)
Sony 715 progressive DVD
HTPC with MYHD over the air DV receiver Tuner
Sony HS10 1378x768 high diff projector (itsthebest)
Dish Network sat - receiver with removable hard drive
bucko

Return to General-Discussion