Specification for the IR Blaster o/p?

Interested in integrating USB-UIRT support into an application? Look here!

Moderator: jrhees

Specification for the IR Blaster o/p?

Postby LeaUK » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:09 pm

Hi

Can you please supply the o/p drive characteristics of the IR blaster 1/8 socket as I need to know a few more details.

Is it a constant current drive? (if so at what current?)

If not, what's the o/p voltage?

What's the pin out?

Can I buy several of these blasters already assembled in the UK? Can you supply them - I can't find them on your web site :-(

Can I wake a modern BIOS from S4 hibernate mode - what should I look for on the motherboard spec?

Sorry for so many questions as USB-URIT looks just the ticket but my background makes me so nosey!

Thanks
Lea
LeaUK

Postby jrhees » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:41 pm

The jack on the back has two channels of output. They are common-ground (jack barrel), and use a PNP transistor (collector) connected to the output through an 82-ohm resistor. Thus, the output, when active drivers to approx. 4.7 volts.

You can get them from the order page www.usbuirt.com

I haven't seen a Bios/motherboard yet which will support wake-over-USB from S4 hibernate--mostly because the USB ports are no longer powered in this state.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:46 am

Hi Jon

Thanks for the prompt reply much appreciated. I know this sounds daft but I still can't find the blaster IR on your sales page :-( I must be having a bad week!

Just out of curiosity are you the designer, as I seem to get that impression after viewing a small selection of your posts?

Edit - ah I see you're the author of the web site..

Re the S4 issue - whoops I meant S3! Does USB-UIRT support wake from S3 as my motherboard does - apparently?

Also, for the help of others I found a post from MS Tech about WinXP and S3 - in a nut shell, XP needs a registry change to support USB (non keyboard/mouse device) wake from S3 see here.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... %5D;841858

Cheers
Lea

Postby jrhees » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:53 pm

I don't sell IR blasters. There is a built-in 'blaster' inside the USB-UIRT.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Developers