Ir Key Codes

Interested in integrating USB-UIRT support into an application? Look here!

Moderator: jrhees

Ir Key Codes

Postby bill@bricksimple.com » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:11 pm

I am trying to emulate a key board entry. When I learn a key (RAW mode), I save it to a file. Then my application will parse the string and send the Ir codes as needed.
When I learned the backspace for example and then play it back I get 5 backspaces. This is the same for the letters.
Is there a way to determine the 'multiplier'?
THANX in advance
Bill
bill@bricksimple.com

Postby jrhees » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:35 pm

Your results may vary on emulating a keyboard. This is because keyboards don't act like remote controls.

Remote controls send an IR code (once or repetitively) when a button is pressed.

Keyboards send a key matrix update when a key is press, released, held, etc.

So, typically emulating a keypress involves sending several different codes (press, release, etc.) in succession.

With that said (assuming that's not what is plaguing you), have you tried adjusting the repeatCount setting in the call to TransmitIR()?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:44 pm

Jon,
THANX I changed the count to 2 and all is fine.
Bill :lol:

Postby girish_inf » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:16 am

Can u read for a IR from a TV remote and map that to a keyboard key press? Please suggest on some directions
girish_inf

Postby canoewhiteh2o » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:42 am

This should be fairly easy to do in your code. Use a key press event to trigger transmitting the ir code. Of course you will need to learn the ir code first and store it in a database or file to retrieve each time you want to transmit.
canoewhiteh2o

Return to Developers