Raw codes to Pronto Codes?

Interested in integrating USB-UIRT support into an application? Look here!

Moderator: jrhees

Raw codes to Pronto Codes?

Postby Vulcy » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:21 pm

I'm working on a little program which can learn IR codes and perform some HTPC specific operations with it (something like Girder, but easier to use).

Now I want it to learn IR codes and store them in pronto format. This is easy with the learn function. However the receive callback always returns raw-format. Hence my question, how can I convert from a raw-format code to a pronto code, so I can compare the received code to my database of pronto codes?

- Vulcy
Vulcy

Postby jrhees » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:15 pm

Actually, the Receive Callback does *not* return a RAW code, but instead returns a 'UIR-style' compressed code. This is a hashed code which does not contain all of the needed info for transmission, but is suitable for an event.

So, if you want to learn a code for transmission, use the LearnIR and store the Pronto code. If you also must learn for event triggering, you'll simply want to write a learn routine that listens to the IR Receive callback and captures the 12-digit code.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Vulcy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:29 am

Oops, I got RAW confused with the UIRT-style compressed code. :oops:

But still, isn't there any way to convert from the 12-digit code to other codes, such as pronto?

It makes more sense to me to store codes in a portable format such as the pronto format.

Kind regards,
Vulcy
Vulcy

Postby jrhees » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:07 pm

You could theoreticall convert a Pronto code to a 12-digit code, but not vice-versa (simply because too much information is not present in a 12-digit code).

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Vulcy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:59 pm

Ah I see,

Well, thx for the help Jon.
Vulcy

Return to Developers