USB-UIRT and XMP remotes

Interested in integrating USB-UIRT support into an application? Look here!

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT and XMP remotes

Postby programwitch » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:38 pm

We developed some software some time ago using TIRA-2, and we're working on a newer version that uses USB-UIRT.

Recently we had a client bring us a device that he couldn't get to work, it was a Comcast Digital Transport Adapter (DTA). Upon some research we found out it uses the XMP protocol. TIRA-2 fails at this.

A test using USB-UIRT seems hopeful as we was able to learn and transmit the DTA's remote. Well I say transmit, since we're not Comcast customers we can't really test it out fully. All we can do is make the DTA react. It will show a searching for signal notice, times out to black, hit a button on the remote (or via USB-UIRT), searching notice pops back up, repeat.

The Comcast DTA is the only XMP device we've come across so far, but I know Comcast has another full cable box that uses it too.

My question, since we can't fully test here, does USB-UIRT work with XMP protocols? Has anyone had success learning and controlling XMP devices such as the Comcast Digital Transport Adapter?

Thanks for any help.
programwitch

Postby canoewhiteh2o » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:29 am

I have some experience with the XMP protocol and the usbuirt. The usbuirt partially learned the code for a Motorola DCX3400 receiver but was unsuccessful when sending learned code. After some research I found that it seems all learning remotes have difficulty with XMP. The good news is that the usbuirt can transmit the XMP protocol if you can find the pronto code that works for your device.
canoewhiteh2o

Return to Developers