usb uirt Java program

Interested in integrating USB-UIRT support into an application? Look here!

Moderator: jrhees

usb uirt Java program

Postby joe127 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:51 am

I have downloaded and installed the USB UIRT Java wrapper program from sourceforge. Everything seems to be working correctly. I have used the program to learn and retransmit IR signals from my DVD remote controller using the USB-UIRT device. I've two questions:
1) the Java user interface has controls for reading a file (presumably containing an IR code), but not for saving a learned IR code out to file (I have looked at the sources also, and there doesn't appear to be such a facility). Where does one find these files, and what format are they in? If I want to save my learned codes, do I have to modify the Java source code ?
2) I see that the firmware date on my USB-UIRT is 3/26/2004. (Since I just bought the device I presume this is the current version). If I want to update with some future version of the firmware, will I have to modify the Java code or the wrapper DLL?

I am really happy to find this software. I have a collection of interacting Java programs which control a variety of devices: serial, USB, wireless, x10, Insteon and now IR.
Regards,
Joe
joe127

Return to Developers