How to suppress debug messages created by uuirtdrv.dll?

Interested in integrating USB-UIRT support into an application? Look here!

Moderator: jrhees

How to suppress debug messages created by uuirtdrv.dll?

Postby 123 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:39 pm

I want to instruct "uuirtdrv.dll" to suppress all debugging statements. Here's why:

I've created a USBUIRT driver for Premise Home Control. The driver polls the USBUIRT device every 30 seconds to ensure it is connected. It uses "UUIRTGetUUIRTConfig" to request the device's configuration. If the function call fails, it indicates the device is no longer present; the driver attempts to reconnect to the device on the next polling cycle.

Each time the USBUIRT is polled, it generates three debugging messages that appear in the Windows Debug Console:
PAUSE
CF = 02
RESUME

Other debugging messages are also generated such as when the USBUIRT is initialized, when it receives/transmits IR commands, etc. However, the Windows Debug Console becomes littered with unimportant messages if the USBUIRT is polled and I'd like to eliminate them.

I want uuirtdrv.dll to suppress all debugging statements but I can't find anything in the API, nor in the supplied examples, that suggests there's a way to do this. However, "fnUUIRTOpenEx" is not documented in the API but is described in a post on this forum.

Does anyone know if there is an undocumented function call to turn off debugging statements?

Return to Developers