Only Robosapien V1 remote control working in learning mode

Interested in integrating USB-UIRT support into an application? Look here!

Moderator: jrhees

Only Robosapien V1 remote control working in learning mode

Postby nm » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:03 pm

Hello,

I program a small app in c# and happened a little suprise now. My UsbUirt receives normal remote controls in the UsbUirt own format, but does not want to learn any code by these remotes (TV, satellite dish, stereo), while I can receive and learn codes sent by the Robosapien remote.
My home consumer electronics, like the TV for example, do not accept the UsbUirt own format, so I do not have any application exernal use for the UsbUirt format. I tried switching the CodeFormat between Uuirt and Pronto, inside my application without any change and also the TestApp in C# does not want to learn any code sent by these remotes in any learn mode. The final try to learn the codes, was downloading lrnhelper_0_0_2, and again only the Robosapien remote working in learning mode.
Ideas or reasons for my problem?

Thank you.
nm

Works for me... any more details

Postby mvanpee » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi nm,

I am not sure if you have solved your own problem yet or not. This feature works for me... I am using a Delphi wrapper for the DLL.

Can you give more details on what you mean when you say it "does not want to learn any code" in the other formats? Is the learn callback function getting called with no data, with no success indicator, or is it just not getting called back when learning in other formats? Is the signal LED on the device lighting up during learning, to indicate that it is receiving IR?

mvp
mvanpee

Postby nm » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Thank you for your help.
Allready solved the problem together with help of the eMail support, by reinstalling the USB-Uirt drivers.
Everything works fine again, but thank you.
nm

Return to Developers