Inner Exception Error...

Interested in integrating USB-UIRT support into an application? Look here!

Moderator: jrhees

Inner Exception Error...

Postby bighossman » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:50 pm

I am attempting to use the VB .NET wrapper (USBUIRTManagedWrapper) in a VB.NET console app and with simple code. When the program attempts to create a new Controller object, I receive an InnerException error.

I'm using VisualStudio 2005 on a XP system with SP2.

Here's a portion of the code, and yes I'm referencing the managed wrapper DLL in my VB.NET project:

[code]
Sub Main()

Dim ir As New Controller '---ERROR OCCURS HERE!
Dim code_format As CodeFormat = CodeFormat.Pronto

ir.Dispose()
ir = Nothing

End Sub
[/code]

I am familiar with issuing RS232 commands using the SerialPort object, and I figured things should be more or less the same.

The following is displayed in the Output window:

[code]
'DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.Sync\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.Sync.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\USB-UIRT\DirecTV Remote Control\DirecTV Remote Control\bin\Debug\DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.Data\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Deployment\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Deployment.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualBasic\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
The thread 0x1ac has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0xab4 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\USB-UIRT\DirecTV Remote Control\DirecTV Remote Control\bin\Debug\DirecTV Remote Control.exe', Symbols loaded.
'DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\USB-UIRT\DirecTV Remote Control\DirecTV Remote Control\bin\Debug\UsbUirtManagedWrapper.dll', No symbols loaded.
A first chance exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException' occurred in DirecTV Remote Control.exe
'DirecTV Remote Control.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\WindowsBase\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\WindowsBase.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
[/code]
bighossman

Return to Developers