USB-UIRT with LIRC(version 0.7.0) on Fedora Core 3 LINUX

Interested in integrating USB-UIRT support into an application? Look here!

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT with LIRC(version 0.7.0) on Fedora Core 3 LINUX

Postby caspanis » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:06 pm

Hi all ,

I'm new to this forum and also very new to using the USB-UIRT.
I have managed to get it working under linux with LIRC and I am now attempting to teach the device to emulate the remote control for a cable tv set top box (specifically the General Instrument CFT-2200).

I can successfully map some keys on the remote but I also have the following difficulties:

1) At times when pressing some keys after the learning stage (for testing response) , the system reports the correct key pressed but also reports another programmed key , and if this button is held down , the repeat output displays the the other incorrect key.

2) Some keys fail to get a successfull response at all from the system (during testing) after a successfull learning session.

3) How do I determine under linux whether or not I have the USB-UIRT with the 56 Khz IR detector ? I am able to be some distance from the device (10-12 feet) and have responses (the red light flashes) when using a remote.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Caspanis
caspanis

Re: USB-UIRT with LIRC(version 0.7.0) on Fedora Core 3 LINUX

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:19 pm

Get remote which uses 56k signal, like Echostars/DishNet/ExpressVu remotes using it, and see if you can learn the signal from those with proper config file, if it fails then you don't have 56k detector.

caspanis wrote:Hi all ,

3) How do I determine under linux whether or not I have the USB-UIRT with the 56 Khz IR detector ? I am able to be some distance from the device (10-12 feet) and have responses (the red light flashes) when using a remote.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Caspanis

Return to Developers