UIRT2 (serial version) Girder 4 plugin

Interested in integrating USB-UIRT support into an application? Look here!

Moderator: jrhees

UIRT2 (serial version) Girder 4 plugin

Postby Solarwind » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:29 pm

Dear forum and Jon Rhees,

I am using Girder and UIRT2 (serial) for a long time. I upgraded about a year ago to Girder 4 (when it was still in Beta) and hoped for a release of a UIRT2 plugin for Girder 4. Even after Girder 4 left beta state I waited a long time but nothing happened. A support inquiry at Promixis just gave me the answer that they will contact you, Jon Rhees. Subsequent requests in the Girder forums showed up and were answered the same way, just no plugin appeared. :/

Now I made the decision to develop a plugin for UIRT2 support in Girder 4 alone by myself. I would like to get to know if you will be so kind and release the sources of UIRT2 plugin for Girder 4 under the GPL license ?

My first aim ist just to have a plugin for myself and get rid of the parallel Girder 3 installation. I will release the plugin to the general public (I plan to include full source and GPL) once it is finished. I do not plan to charge anyone any money for using it. Just plain free software.

Maybe any users of UIRT2 are reading this ? Do you have any feature wishes for the girder 4 plugin ? Or any bug reports of the Girder 3 plugin ? Is there anyone (like me) that is really waiting for such a plugin ?

regards,
Solarwind
Berlin / Germany
Solarwind

Postby jrhees » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:27 pm

Solarwind,

Please contact me at support@usbuirt.com

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Developers