xPL Plugin

Interested in integrating USB-UIRT support into an application? Look here!

Moderator: jrhees

xPL Plugin

Postby Frank Mc Alinden » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:18 pm

Hi All
Just thought i would let you know that there is an xPL Plugin currently being developed for the USB UIRT ...Im testing the beta software now and its looking good...just needs some more work on the learning and then it should be ready....
xPL is a home automation protocol which is FREE and plugins are constantly being added ...One of the most popular plugins would be the xPLRIONET...Which is used to control mp3 players such as Rio,Slimp3,Exstreamer...and recently added /in progress an MVP plugin..
For more info check out the link below....

Also im developing a serial xPL Interface for my FirM Hardware when this is done hopefully people using pc,s and xPL will have the ability to have 8 zones of ir TX / RX using the USB UIRT / FirM Serial /FirM.....
FirM Hardware will identify which zone someone is sending an ir signal and pass the info to FirM Serial and xPL will act as required..This allows multiple pieces of the same kit to be used on the ir network ....Check out the link below..
To sent an ir signal to a specific zone (1to8) xPL will send a command to FirM Serial (which passes it on to FirM) Then an ir signal is sent via xpl uirt to the USB UIRT...
More Soon
Frank

http://www.xplproject.org.uk/
http://skybax.rapidhoster.co.uk/~armagh/page19.html
Frank Mc Alinden

xPL-Uirt-FirM Update

Postby Frank Mc Alinden » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:58 am

Hi Guys
Just a little update on my progress with the serial interface for my multizone ir hardware........At this stage i have the ir transmitting working.
So can transmit an ir signal from the usb uirt to any of FirM,s 8 zones...

Next to get working is the zone receiving which will identify the zone which is sending the ir.........
More Soon
Frank
Frank Mc Alinden

Return to Developers