Newbie at this IR stuff

Interested in integrating USB-UIRT support into an application? Look here!

Moderator: jrhees

Newbie at this IR stuff

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:14 am

Read through your site and heard about your products at myHTPC. I just built a HTPC and would like to know if your USB-UIRT could accomplish the following for me:

I have a 300 disc CD/DVD jukebox player (Pioneer DV-F07) and it holds all my DVD's. I'd like to plug your device into my HTPC and teach it a few IR commands from the Pioneer jukebox remote. Can USB-UIRT learn commands from a remote? Once they are learned your device needs to transmit them back to the DVD jukebox when I select the desired DVD picture (load disc 182 for example) on the computer in the HTPC My Movies module. This is what I want to do in it's simplest form. I realize I would probably need software like Girder to get this done.

To do this now with the Pioneer's remote I push the "search" button then I push "1" "8" "2" on the remotes number pad and then "play" once the jukebox loads the disc....that's it. Of course this would need to be automatically transmitted from USB-UIRT when I select the DVD 182 or rather the DVD cover art thumbnail in the screen all my movie thumbnails show up in.

What do you think? Is this possible? :?: :?:

Postby jrhees » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:57 pm

The short answer is 'YES'. Many people do this today, but with varied software apps. I am not familiar with MyHTPC and could not say whether it has all of the logic to do this directly or whether you would need to get something like Girder involved.

The USB-UIRT *can* learn from your remote as well as play back the tens-of-thousands of codes from other users at sites like www.remotecentral.com

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Developers